Saturday, April 9, 2016

How Many Assistant Directors Does it take to Change a Light Bulb?


This blog has been my way of sharing how this one guy has done all levels of production all these years. I do think it's representative of how many of these things work.

So, it was interesting when a long-time colleague, who writes a blog for the B&H, asked me to take part in an interview about what ADs do. It's part of a series he is doing highlighting different set positions, and it should be pretty informative. He also asked for contact info for other ADS.

I gave him a good number, and as it turns out, he chose two people with whom followers of this blog will be familiar; Brian Bentham, my longtime partner-in-pain on set, and Leigh, who I met a little over a year ago and who I think is a bright shining production professional for some time to come.

I will let Steven Gladstone's article speak for itself - please click the link in the title. For me, what was interesting was seeing different takes from ADs spaced a little less than a generation apart from each other.

By the way, if you scroll down to the bios at the end, Leigh shares her own blog on the art of being an AD. We can always use more of those!











No comments: